Star SM-L200 Receipt Printing Solution for London Taxis
Star SM-L200 bluetooth mobile printer is the approved printer for card payment solutions available for London’s licensed taxi drivers.
For more information, help and advice about cab payment printing solutions please
As of 31 October 2016, every driver must accept card and contactless payments and provide receipts for those payments upon request.
This could be any TfL-aproved handheld device, mobile solution or device fitted in the passenger compartment of the taxi. As long as the driver can demonstrate the following, they will be permitted to continue working after this date:
- The driver must have the ability to accept card and contactless payments using a TfL-approved card payment system;
- The taxi must be displaying TfL’s card and contactless payment signage stickers in the correct position
- If the driver does not already have an approved device fitted in the passenger compartment, they must provide written evidence from a card payment system provider that the taxi is booked in to have a device (or cradle for a handheld device) fitted in the passenger compartment of the taxi
By 1 January 2017, all taxis must have an approved fixed card payment device fitted within the passenger compartment. After this date, a handheld-only device will not be sufficient to meet requirements.
Due to the scheme rules of card providers such as Visa and MasterCard, your taxi will be required to have a card payment receipt printer.
Star SM-L200 Printer
Star is the recommended printer manufacturer for card solutions in London’s licenced taxis with the reliable and cost effective SM-L200 mobile bluetooth receipt printer.
Compact and reliable
Easy-to-read LCD display
1.2m drop test capability
Low power usage,
Auto pairing facility with multiple Bluetooth 4.0 devices including Apple iOS, Android and Windows
Card Payment Terminals and Installation
Card Payment & hardware providers can be found on the TFL website and include Cab:app Ltd. Farepay Ltd, iZettle, Payleven and PayPal with details of recommended system fitting service companies. Additional hardware includes:
- Chip & PIN and contactless card reader
- Card reader mount for passenger compartment
- Printer mount for driver compartment
- Power converter for printer